Communicate Better with your Team and your Boss!
In a recent Inscape Publishing study of management perceptions 47% of respondents said, “My manager enhances my job satisfaction and work quality.” Unfortunately, 53% said “My manager either diminishes or does not contribute to my job satisfaction or my work quality.”
Leading others effectively means moving from a “one size fits all” approach to providing direction, motivation, and development in a way that aligns with each individual.
The most successful managers and leaders notice the needs of their employees and adapt their style accordingly. That may seem daunting but these are important skills that can be developed with the Everything DiSC® Management Profile and Workshop.
Participants in our workshop first learn about their own management preferences. Next, we help participants figure out how to understand how each DiSC style likes to work, what motivates them, and how to identify areas where the people they manage have strong potential and areas where they may face obstacles.
We also help participants figure out how to work with their own manager by providing insights for understanding their manager’s priorities and preferences. The report also provides information on dealing with conflict with their manager.
Everything DiSC Management is the most in-depth and easily customizable DiSC-based management-training solution available.
Our management-specific, personalized content from the individual profile creates an in-depth learning experience.
The Workshop Overview
Understanding Your Team’s Needs and How to Adapt Your Leadership Style
This workshop includes
- online pre-work,
- custom management assessment with personalized tips for each participant,
- engaging facilitation with helpful video, and
- online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience.
Participants come to understand and appreciate their own management behaviour style and the styles of their employees and their boss. The result is more effective and productive relationships and greater success for your organization. This workshop is full of those “ah-ha” moments for managers (experienced and new alike) where they realize incredible insight into themselves and the workplace.
What do Participants Learn?
By the end of Everything DiSC® Management workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe how behavior styles (their own and others) affect management responsibilities like decision making and problem solving.
- Identify their strengths and challenges when directing and delegating, and how to adapt their behavior to manage people more effectively.
- Establish what is needed to motivate others and learn how to provide it.
- Pinpoint how to provide resources, environments, and opportunities that support long-term professional growth.
- Learn to influence and communicate effectively with their own boss.
As a first time manager, I thought there were people that were just impossible to motivate and develop. After this workshop I see my team with a whole new lens. I am inspired to apply what I’ve learned every day.
– J. Grisim
The Workshop Modules
Module 1: Your DiSC® Management Style: Part I
- Learn about the DiSC® model and how it informs the manager’s role.
- Discover your management style.
- Explore the specific three to five priorities that drive your management style: action, encouragement, collaboration, support, reliability, objectivity, challenge, and/or drive.
Module 2: Your DiSC® Management Style: Part II
- Explore the influence your management style has on how you manage time, make decisions, and approach problems.
- Discover how your style helps shape your day as a manager.
- Learn a method for recognizing other people’s styles.
Module 3: Directing & Delegating
- Learn about your natural directing and delegating style.
- Identify the directing and delegating needs of different people.
- Create a plan for improving how you direct and delegate.
Module 4: Motivation
- Learn how you affect the motivation of others.
- Recognize what different people find motivating and demotivating.
- Create a plan for creating a more motivating environment.
Module 5: Developing Others
- Learn about your natural style of developing others.
- Identify the development preferences of different people.
- Create a plan for developing specific employees.
Module 6: Working with Your Manager
- Consider how your manager might see you.
- Discover different approaches for working with your manager.
- Create a plan for improving how you work with your manager.
The Assessment Profile
Everything DiSC Management
We are licensed in the Everything DiSC Management Assessment Profile. We can use the profile with you for one-to-one coaching and all participants in the workshop also receive the profile — making the workshop a very custom experience for each participant.
The profile is an in-depth, research-validated online assessment and management task-specific report that focusses on:
- Your DiSC Management Style
- Directing and Delegating to others
- Improving Employee Motivations
- Employee Development
- Working with Your Own Manager
Everything DiSC Management Preview Video
Everything DiSC Comparison Reports
Build better relationships and make training stick! These 11-page research-validated follow-up reports can be created and personalized for any two participants to illustrate their similarities and differences. Works for all Everything DiSC assessments and programs, including Sales, Management, Workplace and Work of Leaders, allowing you to create reports for coworkers or for managers with their direct reports. And participants get unlimited access through Padraig Coaching & Consulting — at no additional charge for workshop participants.
Everything DiSC Group Report
Helps you determine the group’s DiSC culture, explore its advantages and disadvantages, discuss its effect on group members, and examine its influence on decision making and risk taking. Sold separately. Included free of charge with the workshop.
Everything DiSC Team View
Provides an at-a-glance view of any group of respondents and their individual Everything DiSC maps. No limit to the number of respondents included in the report. Unlimited access with all Everything DiSC Work of Leaders profiles.
Ready to improve your team relationships while strengthening your leadership?
To discuss how the Everything DiSC Work of Leaders program will help your leadership team understand themselves, and each other better, and how they can translate this into increased success and stronger management of people, give us a call. Patrick O’Reilly can be reached at:
Telephone Toll Free: (855) 818-0600 ext 101
The introductory One Day Workshop offered for ‘Everything DiSC Management’ was well received by our leadership Team members. It provided an understanding for leadership and managing people, and served as a foundation for providing our Team with shared language around leadership, and awareness of each of our strengths and leadership styles. It provides the understanding of how to effectively communicate with each other, and to read our respective employees’ behaviour types. The Workshop provides effective techniques for motivating and developing the staff who report to us. I have received only positive feedback from all participants and look forward to further building on this foundation to build a highly effective team.
– Lucy Lombardi, VP Finance
I very much appreciated the excellent workshop on DiSC for Managers. It was both fun and very useful. I came out with good tools which I am sure will be of benefit for years to come.
– Joanne Marion, Superintendent, Exhibitions & Collections
City of Medicine Hat